Meet the baddest witch on the block! ;)
The Lime Crime Velvetines Clueless Witch Collection is definitely not for the "basic" makeup gals who like to play it safe when it comes to makeup or fashion. When I saw the preview for this collection, I knew I just had to get my hands on "Wicked" since I'm a huge fan of wines, plums and dark berry-colored lipstick.
Are you ready to get wicked with me?
Ingredients: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Flavor (Aroma), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Red 7 Lake CI 15850:1, Red 6 CI 15850, Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Red 28 Lake CI 45410:2. VEGAN/CRUELTY-FREE.
Swatched (it looks glossy at first then dries to a completely matte finish)
When worn (Pardon my dry lips)
- Long lasting formulation (transfer-proof, kiss proof, budge-proof when set)
- Can last you about 6 hours with minimum fading
- Can withstand a meal with minor fading.
- Bold and stunning color
- Great color payoff (Buildable to opaque)
- This shade is flattering for most skin tones
- Can be uncomfortable and drying on the lips later during the day.
- Hard to remove (you need a good oil-based makeup remover to remove any traces of this product to avoid staining and darkening your lips)
- It will highlight any textural imperfections on the lips. Not good for cracked/wrinkled lips, you must exfoliate and moisturize properly before using this product.
- Applicator wand not good for precision application so use a lip brush to line your lips first with this product before filling it in with the wand.
- Lime Crime products are not sold locally
- Quite pricey (especially if you buy from online shops in the Philippines considering it contains very little product 0.088 fl oz / 2.6 mL ) if you compare it to other brands with the same kind of product (Nyx, MUA etc.)
You need to apply this product a little at a time to get the best wear and pigmentation out of it. Applying too much all at once can make the whole thing look patchy/uneven so avoid doing that. I find that this product has really great lasting power and although it starts to feel really dry and uncomfortable around the middle of the day, it doesn't fade as much. When it does start to fade, the lipcolor starts flaking off at the middle inner part of the lips and that's when I have to re-apply although I usually prefer to try to remove the whole thing and start all over again but this is impossible to do without a good makeup remover with you.
I really really love the color and despite the many drawbacks of this product. I am still planning to get the two other shades from this collections because the color selection is really awesome and unique.
Do I recommend this product?
If you love the bold and unique colors of this collection then yes go for it.
If you want a long lasting lip product and don't mind having dry lips later in the day then yes go for it.
For those with dry/cracked/wrinkled lips, it might not be the best product for you so pls. make sure to moisturize your lips and exfoliate the prior to using this product since it will highlight any cracks/lines on your lips.
I'd love to hear from you guys!
I use Disqus as my main blog comment platform. Pls. refresh this page if Disqus does not load on Mobile/Web :)